Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting Lost, Revisiting Acquaintances, & Shaking Hands

Today, I had the pleasure of attending a barbeque for Republican Gubernatorial candidate Lynn Swann. The event was a break from my usual routine of working in the office all morning. Although the weather was in the nineties, I enjoyed being outdoors.

On the way to my friend Chris' house (which hosted the event), I got lost and had to call him for directions several times. He handed the phone over to his father who luckily got me back on track (later, he also gave me a helpful shortcut). I was grateful for his dad’s help.

The barbeque itself was wonderful, Chris' house is gorgeous, and the food was excellent. Besides getting to shake hands with Lynn Swann, I ran into several acquaintances who I had not seen for some time, including my former boss from Senator Santorum's office. In spite of my short stay (I had to go to a veteran’s press conference with Raj), the barbeque was delightful and I'm delighted I had the opportunity to attend.

Alice P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home